GKN Fokker, founded by aviation pioneer Anthony Fokker in 1919, was acquired and fully integrated by GKN Aerospace in 2015. GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier.
GKN Aerospace develops, builds and supplies an extensive range of advanced aerospace systems, components and technologies and is market leading in aerostructures, engine systems, transparencies and wiring systems. The company operates in 14 countries at 48 manufacturing locations employing approximately 17,500 people.
GKN Fokker companies in the Netherlands are specializing in:
- Design, development and production of light weight Aerostructures, based on Thermoplastic and Thermoset Composite Technologies, and a patented solution for Ballistic Protection;
- Design, development and production of Electrical wiring interconnection systems based on the unique Wiring Design and Manufacturing System, allowing configuration control throughout the life cycle with focus on the development phase, and digital connection between engineering and production;
- Design, development and production of Landing gear systems and components;
- Radar technology based on Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave technology providing Low SWAP-C suitable for UAV’s;
- Aircraft services: engineering, spare parts supply, flight hour agreements and component maintenance;
- MRO, modification and conversion support including Lessor Aircraft re-delivery, VIP Aircraft completions and remodeling including Boeing BBJ and Airbus ACJ, together with extensive capabilities including maintenance, modification, painting, working parties, damage assessment and fleet management support.
GKN Aerospace has well established positions on all major defense and civil platforms. Examples in the defense market are the F-35: flaperons, wiring harnesses, inflight opening doors, arresting system, NH-90 landing gear and empennage, Apache composite forward avionic bays and MQ-9 landing gear.
Platform NMC | NGP | NIVP | NPVS | NIFARP